Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Wall Hook Update: ABS Print

I was a little worried to print my wall hook in ABS because I read plenty of posts from makers that said that it tends to warp and split during printing.  Since I already had a spool of ABS, I figured I should give it a try.

The print came out looking great.  The ABS print actually has less visible layer lines in some spots.  That might be because I used a white ABS filament compared to a matte light gray PLA filament.  


I only had one issue with this project.  When I was setting up the project in Cura, the recommended bed temperature for ABS is 80 degrees Celcius.  My printer gave me a couple messages that stated, "Heating Error, Printing Halted, Please Reset.".  I am not sure was caused it, but I will say my printer does that when I run the bed hotter.  So I consulted the specs for ABS and saw that 80 degrees were on the high end of the range.  I tried the print with bed temperatures of 70 and 75 degrees.  In the end, 75 degrees worked out well.

As I write this, I have the printer heating up to run a different project in ABS.  I will have to see if I get similar results.



ABS Hook Installed



Wall Hook In Use




 

No comments:

Post a Comment